RADON MITIGATION PROJECTS
- OBAR SYSTEMS has installed over 20,000 radon mitigation systems since 1985 listed below are some recent notable projects and a list of some of the large scale projects completed.
- Building diagnostics and systems design for an historic home with a 6,100 sq ft basement. The final design required only 2 fans providing significant savings on installation costs and electrical usage. An additional 4,000 sq. ft .building on the estate was mitigated with one system, as was a third building on the estate. Project completed January 2011
- Building diagnostics and system design for a single family home with radon concentrations of 200-320 pci//l. The radon was reduced below 4 pci/l . The water was found to have levels of 19,000 pci/L in the drinking water a system was installed and the levels were reduced by 92% The project was completed in march 2010
- Building diagnostics and system design for an antique home with a 5,500 sq. ft. basement. The resulting design required only one fan, beyond the cost savings it allowed the system to be installed without impacting the appearance of the home. The project was completed in June 2010
- Building diagnostics and system design for a 10,800 sq. ft. basement. The resulting design required only 4 systems which were located in a utility building 100′ away from the main estate. The project was completed in June 2009
- Installation of mitigation systems and testing of dormitories at Rutgers University 2008.
- New construction Clinton NJ 853 units mixed condominiums and town homes OBAR provided system design ,installation and testing. 1985 – 87
- New construction Basking Ridge NJ 455 town homes OBAR provided system design , installation and testing. 1986-89
- New construction Somerville NJ 215 town homes OBAR provided system design, installation and testing. 1988
- New construction Hackettstown NJ 150 condominium units OBAR provided system design, installation and testing. 1989
- New construction Flanders NJ 165 condominium units OBAR provided system design, installation and testing. 1990
- New construction Hackettstown NJ 185 mixed town homes, condominium and apartments. provided system design, installation and testing. 1990-91
- After 1991 the Radon Hazard Sub Code came in to effect requiring new construction in Tier 1 areas of the state to have the basic components of the mitigation system installed. OBAR systems has continued to service the building community by activating systems installed by builders and providing a confirmation test through a 3rd party lab.
OBAR SYSTEMS has been installing vapor mitigation systems for 25 years and is at the forefront of diagnostic measurement, data collection and system design. Listed below are recent examples of notable projects.
- Pompton Lakes Dupont Project ,OBAR systems set a precedent by being the first 3rd party contractor approved by EPA and NJDEP to provide diagnostic and mitigation services for the homeowners within the Pompton Lakes Plume. We currently have over 30 ongoing projects within the plume.
- Condominium development 6 units currently identified as above action levels. OBAR performed diagnostics and provided system design. Mitigation scheduled for spring 2011.
- Strip mall 10.000 sq ft occupied by Dry Cleaners and an adjacent retail store 32,000 sq. ft. Diagnostics and Scope of work provided, mitigation scheduled for spring 2011.
- Mixed use commercial building 4,900 sq. ft. Installed mitigation system for odor produced by a #2 fuel oil spill, completed January 2011
- Mixed use commercial property 43.000 sq. ft. containing a chemical lab, biochemical lab, and an electronics manufacturer. Diagnostics and scope of work provided to reduce VOC Levels. Mitigation completed in August 2010
- Mixed use commercial property 100,000 sq ft currently service by a Soil Vapor Extraction (SVE) system. Diagnostics and scope of work provided to reduce VOC levels in areas unaffected by the SVE. Mitigation completed June, 2010.
- Strip mall 58,000 sq ft occupied by a dry cleaner with attached units and warehouse. Diagnostics and scope of work provided. Mitigation completed May, 2010.
- Warehouse converted to commercial/office space 500,000 sq ft. Provided diagnostics and system design. Installed mitigation system. Designed custom remote system monitor with telephone calling feature and additional web based capabilities. Project completed January, 2010.
- Warehouse/office space 150,000 sq ft. OBAR provided sub floor mitigation system as per 3rd party specifications. Project is ongoing.
- Warehouse 130,000 sq ft converted to office/commercial. Provided system design and installed sub floor mitigation system. Designed and installed central remote monitor. Project completed February, 2009